«Todo hombre puede ser, si se lo propone, escultor de su propio cerebro.» -Ramon y Cajal
Naturally a nomad, born in Costa Rica and Panamanian by acquisition. During high school is when I began to feel fascinated by the brain and how it affects a human being’s behavior. I graduated from a Bachelor’s in Psychology from Florida State University in 2008. Two years later, I began my Master’s in Clinical Neuropsychology of Children and Adults from the Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona and graduated in 2013. At the same time, I was completing a Master’s in Clinical Psychology of Children and Adolescents from ISEP.
My curiosity for understanding human complexities, specifically the brain, have determined my professional path. It first lead me to the adolescent world when I began working at the Metropolitan School of Panama in 2013, eventually becoming the Counselor for 6th-12th graders. I have always been able to connect with teenagers and understand the problems they undergo through these formative years.
I firmly believe that an affected brain will be expressed in different ways for each individual; because of this it is best to undergo a thorough evaluation and treatment needs to be personalized. An essential part of the process towards improvement is during the evaluation since this is the time to study all functions of the brain. Cognitive rehabilitation is the process to follow to be able to maintain, recover and compensate any function that needs to be worked on.
Through my evaluation and therapeutic work at HMS I wish to provide the patient with a space where he or she can improve and this can be reflected in his day-to-day life as well as promote knowledge of what Neuropsychology entails.
I offer my services in Spanish and English.
- High School: Lincoln School -San Jose, Costa Rica. 2000-2003
- Bachelor’s Degree: Florida State University, en Psicologia y Criminologia. 2005-2008
- Master’s Degree in Clinical Neuropsychology: Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona. 2010-2013
- Master’s Degree in Child and Adolescent Clinical Psychology: Instituto Superior de Estudios Psicologicos (ISEP). 2011-2012
- Metropolitan School of Panama – Counselor. 2013-2018
- Holistic Mind Steps. 2014-present
You may reach me at: email@example.com