«The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of those depths.» -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Since I started my bachelor’s in psychology, I knew working with children was my passion. I had the opportunity to complete my internships in different areas of attention, from human resource and juvenile jail to schools; confirming my drive to specialize in children. I also had the chance of working at a school with children with Autism (ASD) in West Palm Beach District. Back in Panama, I started offering specialized tutoring and opened Peek-a-Boo Preschool, which focused on inclusive education.
Working in the mental health field is wonderful. Being able to accompany the patient in their process and observing how their wellbeing improves provides incredible satisfaction. Individual differences are what makes us unique and unrepeatable; two people can experience the same situation and perceive and feel it differently.
I have had the opportunity to collaborate with Soy Capaz Foundation, specialized in adolescents and adults with ASD in different activities; I was a lecturer at the XI Symposium on Autism and Related Pathologies in 2017.
Among my hobbies are reading, cooking and connecting with nature. I enjoy traveling and taking courses abroad, as it allows me to have a broader vision of psychology and people in various cultural contexts.
I offer my services in Spanish and English.
- Bachelor in Psychology - Universidad Católica Santa María La Antigua. 2010-2014
- Continuing Education Certificate in Addiction Therapy - Universidad Católica Santa María La Antigua. 2013
- Continuing Education Certificate in Culinary Arts - Academia de Artes Culinarias de Panamá. 2014
- M.Ed in Exceptional Student Education Autism Endorsed - Lynn University. 2015-2016
- M.S in Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology - Universidad Católica Santa María La Antigua. 2019-2021
- Internship: Escuela Federico A. Velásquez. 2011
- Internship: Instituto Cultural. 2012
- Internship: Centro de Cumplimiento de Menores de Pacora. 2012 - 2013
- Internship: Panafoto. 2013
- Hidden Oaks Elementary School. 2016
- El Mundo de los Niños. 2016 – 2017
- Peek-a-Boo Preschool. 2017 – 2018
- Holistic Minds Steps. 2019 – present.
- Internship: Clínica Psicológica y de Terapia Familiar María Eugenia Pérez de Alemán. 2020
You may reach me at: email@example.com