«Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakens.» -Carl Jung
My name is Alexandra Carrizo, Clinical Psychologist and Psychotherapist, trained in Panama and Madrid. I feel great passion towards Mental Health and Human Rights, especially its visibility, care and role in society. I am very curious and love learning about various topics that give me a broader perspective on the human experience. Within these topics, I am very interested in literature, history, anthropology and sociology. In my free time I love to travel, read and attend cultural events.
For me, it’s has an immense value to be able to accompany people in the process of looking within themselves and help them to have a higher level of personal well-being. I really enjoy working with diverse population, always taking into account a multicultural and relational perspective, always considering a person's ties with their community, their place of origin, culture, family, identity and their personal way of seeing the world around them.
I offer my services in Spanish and English.
- Degree in Psychology from the Santa María La Antigua University, Panama. 2010-2014
- Postgraduate in Clinical Psychopathology at the University of Barcelona. 2014-2015
- Master's in Clinical Psychology from the Complutense University of Madrid. 2015-2017
- Master's in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy from the Complutense University of Madrid. 2015-2017
- Psychologist in training at the Day Hospital and the Madrid Center for Applied Psychology (AMICEM) in Madrid, Spain.
- Psychologist in training at the Prince of Asturias University Hospital in Madrid, Spain.
- Clinical Psychologist and Psychotherapist at the University Clinic of the Universidad Complutense de Madrid. 2015-2017
- Clinical Psychologist and Coordinator of the Las Claras Program of the NGO Voces Vitales Panama. 2018-2020
- Clinical Psychologist and Psychotherapist at Holistic Mind Steps. 2018 - Present
- Coordinator of the Program for Prevention and Response to Gender-based Violence at HIAS Panama. 2020 - Present
You may reach me at: firstname.lastname@example.org